Saturday, September 14, 2013

They say I've been lazy

There, they said it. 



There they are, collecting dust
I tried to ignore them. Me? Lazy?  My iPod agreed and I knew they were right, although I was a little annoyed that iPod was taking their side.

I've been lazy when it comes to my running and working out lately. I was doing really well, working out almost everyday, running and eating right.  A couple of weeks ago, I went to Maui. It turns out that I can do other things really well, such as sit around while the sun sets, eating chicken wings and drinking beer!  I came back from vacation and jumped back into work and have completely neglected my running shoes.  I need to get back into the swing of things.

That's where this blog comes in.

I  figure if I created a blog, that it would hold me accountable.   It would force me to get out there and go for some long runs, or try a new fitness craze so that I would have something to write about and share my experiences.  It is also going to be a placeholder for all of my favourite articles, honest product reviews and  healthy recipe ideas to keep me fuelled and engaged. 

To start getting back on track, I'm going to dust off my Nurtribullet and get back to eating healthy. 


The beauty of the Nutribullet vs. other juicers is that it's really easy to use and to clean.  I don't need to spend a lot of time chopping vegetables and fruit to have my smoothie. This suits me just fine  because right now, I've been deemed lazy.  I just throw it all in and turn it on, done! The Nutribullet basically breaks down everything in a few seconds, I unscrew the cup from the base and voila, delicious smoothie. We bought ours about six months ago and we use it constantly.  A lot of my friends and family who have tried it have also bought one of their own. For those of you who haven't bought one yet, spoiler alert... Happy Birthday! You'll never guess what I got you!

Today's super food smoothie looks a little something like this:

1/2 Cup of Spinach
1/2 banana
1/4 apple, cored
Strawberries, hulled
blueberries
blackberries
sprinkle of chia seeds

That's it, just throw it all in the cup and add water to the MAX fill line.  Trust me, they say Max fill line for a good reason!  Too much water and it's not a fun clean up process.


Now all you need to do is twist the cup into the base and turn it on for a few seconds.

That's it, easy and delicious!

So, here goes.  I have done the first step and have created this blog.  I will put on my running shoes and get back to you with my experiences.  If you have any motivational tips or smoothie recipes, I would love to hear from you.

Happy Trails!

Court





No comments:

Post a Comment