Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Can we go to the park? Please?


As you know, I had taken a hiatus as I refer to it, from working out.  This stemmed from a two week vacation where I was more focused on relaxing, than anything else.

I admit, that it was a little difficult to get back into.  My runs have not been as long, or pace as fast as they were prior to my vacation.

Still, as soon as I get outside and start running, I forget all of that.  I am able to clear my head and think things through.

I am fortunate to live a couple of blocks from Mundy Park, in Coquitlam, BC.  If you live nearby, I recommend spending a day there with your family.  There is an outdoor pool, Frisbee golf, a small lake and numerous walking/running trails.

The running trails are a nice easy run, with fairly mild hills.  There is enough to keep your heart rate up, while keeping pace.


It was the perfect weather this morning for a run!  The sun was out, but the cooler early October chill has set in ever so slightly.

My pace was not as great today as it has been in previous similar runs.  I only managed 8km, with an average pace of 6:20/km.  Nevertheless, my shoes felt great and were having a good time, and that's the main thing.  I know that each run will get easier and my pace and distance will once again, start to increase.

 The only downfall with my run this morning was the bees. They are in that weird state where they are acting all dopey and unpredictable. Do you know what I mean?  They seem to have this whole "I'm going down and taking you out with me!" kind of attitude.  However, my speed did seem to increase in their presence, so maybe that's the ticket?

I hope you are all enjoying this lovely Fall weather as much as I am and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Happy Trails!

Court







No comments:

Post a Comment